watch the thematic video
How to Open an Amazon Storefront (And Start Selling)
Get started on the nine steps to building your Amazon Store now! Or, if you’re looking for professional help creating, designing, and marketing your storefront, contact WebFX. With more than 25 years of experience and a client retention rate of 91%, we’re a trusted choice for launching and managing Amazon Stores. Give us a ring at 888-601-5359 today!
How to create an Amazon Store (in 9 steps!)
Prefer to watch a video? We’ve got you covered!
Learn how to create an Amazon Store for your brand in nine steps now!
1. Enroll in the Amazon Brand Registry program
Companies that want to open an Amazon storefront must enroll in Amazon Brand Registry.
Amazon Brand Registry is a program that helps protect your brand and products from copycats on Amazon. Becoming a part of the system gives you access to search and reporting tools to find knock-off products. Plus, Amazon proactively monitors its website for copycat versions of your goods.
Applying for Amazon Brand Registry requires a registered and active text or image-based trademark. Amazon will only accept trademarks issued by the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) and the following countries:
- United States
- United Kingdom
- European Union
- United Arab Emirates
If you’re eligible for the Amazon Brand Registry program, complete the following application steps:
- Sign in to your Amazon Seller Central or Amazon Vendor Central account
- Supply your brand name (the brand name that owns the active registered trademark)
- Provide your government-registered trademark number
- List the product categories that apply to your brand
- List the countries that manufacture and distribute your brand’s products
After you submit your application, Amazon will review it.
During the application process, Amazon will contact the person associated with the registered trademark. That contact will answer some questions, and then Amazon will determine if your brand meets its Amazon Brand Registry requirements.
Approval times for Amazon Brand Registry can range from 24 hours to over a month.
Upon approval, Amazon will send a verification code that you can use to enroll in the program.
2. Create your Amazon Store
Once you join Amazon Brand Registry, you can move forward with opening your Amazon storefront.
Get started by following these steps:
- Log into your Amazon Seller Central or Amazon Vendor Central account
- Click “Storefront” from the main navigation bar
- Select “Create Store” on the following page
- Choose your brand’s name from the pop-up box
- Click “Create Store”
If you how to register business account on amazon see your brand’s name listed in the pop-up, make sure you’ve completed the enrollment process for Amazon Brand Registry. Only approved brands (associated with your Amazon account) will appear when creating an Amazon storefront.
3. Add your brand name and brand logo
Next, Amazon will take you to its builder for Amazon Stores.
Before moving onto the next step, Amazon will require the following information:
- Brand display name: Your brand display name will appear on your storefront, so choose a name associated with your brand that shoppers will recognize. For example, if your name is “Acme Inc.,” you may use “Acme” as your brand display name.
- Brand logo: Your brand logo also displays on your Amazon Store. Upload an image (or choose from an existing uploaded image) that is at least 400 x 400 pixels. While you can change your settings to hide your brand logo, it’s useful and recognizable for your audience.
After setting your brand logo and brand display name, click “Next.”
4. Pick a pre-created design for your homepage
In the next step of launching your Amazon Store, you will choose a layout for your homepage.
Amazon makes it relatively easy to open an Amazon storefront because it uses pre-created designs. The program works similar to website builders like Wix, which means it’s easy to customize your Amazon Store by dragging and dropping elements.
You don’t need a developer background (though some design experience may help) to create a Store.
Your homepage design options include:
- Marquee: Use big images to highlight several products from your brand.
- Product highlight: Focus on your best-selling products with a bold image or video.
- Product grid: Showcase all your products from your catalog.
Amazon also offers a blank design for businesses with a web design team.
Before choosing a homepage design, you will need to add a page meta description. Keep your description short and simple. Use it as a tagline to summarize your business, products, and how you help shoppers on Amazon.
When you’re ready, select the template you would like to work with and click, “Save.”
5. Customize your Amazon Store design
Now that you have your design picked, you can start customizing your Amazon Store.
Since Amazon’s storefront builder uses a drag-and-drop approach, it’s easy to tailor your Store to your brand. When you enter the builder, you will see a series of “tiles.” Their arrangement will depend on the design you selected.
Click these tiles, and you can customize them, whether with products, text, videos, or images.
If you add a text tile to your Amazon Store, you can bold, italicize, and align your text. You can use links in these tiles too. Link to a product, for example, or link to a page on your Store, like for a product category.
In addition to tiles, you will also have a pre-set box at the top of the page for a hero image. Upload an image that is at least 3000 x 600 pixels. Choose an image that captures your brand, like a lifestyle image, or showcases your best-selling product.
6. Add your products
Products are essential to your Amazon Store, and you can add them via tiles.
Before filling your Store with goods, however, you will need to upload your products to your Amazon Seller account. You can add products in bulk or one-by-one. For the fastest and smoothest experience, upload your products in bulk.
Follow these steps to add products to your Amazon Seller account.
- Log into your Amazon Seller Account
- Select “Inventory” from the navigation menu
- Click “Add a Product” for a single product or “Add Products via Upload” for multiple products
Once you finish creating your product listings, you can complete your Amazon Store.
Go to your in-progress Amazon store and select “Product” when clicking on a tile.
Next, search for your product by keyword or ASIN.
You can also click “Search,” and Amazon will load your how to register business account on amazon product catalog. Once you have the products you want listed, click “Add,” and they’ll appear in that tile slot. If you need to replace a product, click its tile and then select “Replace product.”
The tile will display your product’s primary image and price.
See how we can help you GROW YOUR BUSINESS
7. Expand your Amazon storefront with pages
Adding pages to your Amazon storefront can help shoppers navigate your Store. With straightforward navigation, people can find the products they need, which makes them more likely to place an order. That’s why (if you have a decent-sized product catalog) it’s worth adding pages.
For inspiration, look at how Anker customized their Amazon Store with pages:
The company organizes its storefront into several sections, including:
- New releases
- Power strips
Anker goes a step further, too, creating pages within its pages. The page, “Portable chargers,” for instance, features sub-pages that include “Colorful Surprises,” “Ultra-High Capacity: 20,000mAh+,” and “Featured Innovations.”
This level of organization makes it easy for shoppers to find what they need.
If you want to expand your Amazon Store with another page, follow these steps:
- Click “Add page” from the left-hand menu while in the Store builder main menu
- Add your page navigation title (your title will appear on your Store’s navigation bar)
- Enter your page meta description or what your page is about
- Select your page template: Marquee, Product highlight, or Product how to register business account on amazon new page will then appear, and you can start the process of customizing it.
8. Preview your Amazon storefront
Before launching your Amazon Store, preview your storefront.
Click “Preview” from the navigation bar (above the Store builder), and you can see what your Store will look like on Amazon. You can also interact with your storefront to make sure that every element, like links, works.
If you can, get other people to preview and look at your Store for feedback.
9. Launch your Amazon Store
Once you’ve finished creating your Amazon Store, you can launch it.
Select “Submit for publishing” from the navigation bar. Amazon will then review and approve your Amazon storefront, generally within 72 hours. Watch for any alerts or notifications from Amazon so that you can fix any issues fast and get your Store live.
That’s it! You now know how to create an Amazon storefront!
FAQs about Amazon storefronts
Do you have questions outside of how to open an Amazon storefront? Then browse our FAQ!
What is an Amazon storefront?
An Amazon Store, also called an Amazon storefront, provides sellers on Amazon with a dedicated website for selling their products. With an Amazon Store, shoppers can explore and purchase a brand’s products while sellers can create a browsing experience that revolves around their brand and products.
Who can open an Amazon storefront?
Sellers, vendors, and agencies can open an Amazon storefront. Anyone that wants to how to register business account on amazon an Amazon Store, however, must enroll in Amazon Brand Registry, which requires applicants to have a registered and active text- or image-based trademark.
How much is an Amazon storefront?
An Amazon storefront is free. Companies do not have to pay a fee to open an Amazon Store. Many companies with an Amazon Store, however, do subscribe to the Professional selling plan, which costs $39.99 per month.
Increase your SMB's Amazon sales. See how with a free proposal.
Need help opening and marketing your Amazon storefront?
Even though you know how to create an Amazon storefront, that’s only the beginning when it comes to selling on Amazon. If you want your brand to succeed on Amazon, you need to embrace marketing and advertising on the platform, which is a full-time job.
At WebFX, our Amazon agency provides you with a dedicated marketing and advertising team.
Partnering with our award-winning team allows you to take advantage of marketing and advertising on Amazon, without taking your focus away from the other parts of running your business. Work with our agency to grow your brand and sales on (and even off) Amazon.
Contact us online or call us at 888-601-5359 to learn more about our Amazon Store services!
Ready to start your Amazon campaign?
Call 888.449.3239 or contact us online today for a free evaluation.Contact us today
Amazon is one of the hottest shopping websites around, and Amazon Prime makes it how to register business account on amazon better. Members get a big variety of Amazon Prime perks, with new ones being added all the time. But Amazon is more than just Prime. They offer textbook rental, self-publishing for books and educational resources, and much more. Here are some of our favorite perks and programs for teachers and students.
Best Amazon Prime Perks for Teachers
By now, you probably know that Prime offers ofb fila brasileiro two-day shipping on pretty much anything you can think of. In some areas, select items even arrive the same day! But that’s just the beginning. Here are a few Amazon Prime perks teachers will really enjoy. (See them all here.)
- Prime Video: Stream thousands of movies and shows for free with your membership, including plenty of titles perfect for the classroom. Check out our top educational shows streaming on Amazon here.
- Amazon Music Prime: Listen to more than two million songs and millions of podcast episodes, ad-free. Set up playlists for your classroom, or find podcasts relevant to your subject.
- Amazon Kids+: This program offers unlimited access to thousands of kid-friendly books, movies, apps, black creek leisure homes for sale by outside realtors more. Prime members get a 40 percent discount. Find new read-alouds or online games to play with your classes.
- Prime Wardrobe: Save yourself how to register business account on amazon trip to the store (and those dressing rooms!) by using Prime Wardrobe to order and try on clothes. Order up to eight items at a time at no cost, and pay only for what you keep. Returns are free too.
- Prime Reading: Choose from a rotating catalog of books, magazines, and comic books to read for free. You’ll find fiction, non-fiction, kids’ books, and more.
Other Amazon Perks and Programs
Amazon Prime Student
If you’re a student yourself with a .edu email address, you’re eligible for a 6-month free trial of a limited version of Amazon Prime. You’ll get the same fast free delivery perks, Prime Video and Music, Prime Reading, and more. (Note that some Prime features aren’t available through this program, though.) After your trial, you’ll get a discounted membership until you finish your education program. Learn more here.
Digital photos are terrific, but sometimes you really want hard copies. Amazon Prints has great prices on everything from various sizes of prints to photo books, calendars, cards, and more. Plus, Prime members get free shipping!
Amazon Business for Education
Administrators, sign up for Amazon Business for Education and get tax-exempt purchasing, discounts, and free delivery. Enroll multiple teachers and staff, and create approval workflows and purchase orders for easy tracking.
Amazon Education Publishing
Ever dreamed of being a published author? Do you love to create educational videos for your class? Use Amazon Education Publishing to share your creations with the world. Earn royalties while retaining your creative control and copyright.
Amazon Textbook Rental
Ensure your students always have the most up-to-date version of any textbook by renting instead of buying them. You can rent both hard copies and ebooks by the semester. Shipping both ways is free, too! Explore included books here.
AmazonSmile for Fundraising
Register your school with AmazonSmile, a charitable giving program. Amazon donates 0.5 percent of every qualified purchase your school community makes back to your school. PTA/PTOs can sign up too!
AWS Educate for Lessons
AWS Educate is Amazon’s global initiative to help students prepare for cloud careers in growing fields. Get free self-paced lessons and interactive challenges to build cloud computing skills. Find resources for K-12 students and teachers here.
Amazon Ignite for Selling Lesson Plans
Want a safe place to sell some of the learning materials you’ve created? Try Amazon Ignite. Join for free and sell your original printables, lesson plans, and classroom games as digital downloads. Check out all the resources already available here.
Amazon Associates Affiliate Program
Are you an educational blogger? Have you built up a massive following on Instagram or YouTube? Sign up for an Amazon Associates account! Share your favorite Amazon products using affiliate links. If readers make a purchase, you get a small commission!
What programs and Amazon perks for teachers are your favorites? Share your thoughts on how to register business account on amazon WeAreTeachers HELPLINE group on Facebook.
Plus, find all our favorite teacher deals and shopping tips here.
Amazon Business Accounts
UB's centralized Amazon Business accounts are available for use with state, Research Foundation and UB Foundation Procurement Cards.
Advantages of Amazon Business
- Access to Business Prime shipping (2-day free shipping on eligible items)
- Automatic tax-exemption on items sold by Amazon LLC and other participating third-party sellers
- Business pricing and quantity discounts on millions of items
- Access to a specialized, business-only Amazon Customer Service team
Order with PCard
UB's Amazon Business account may only be used with state, Research Foundation and UB Foundation Procurement Cards.
Amazon orders may not be placed with a purchase order or personal credit card.
> Learn more about the Procurement Card (PCard)
Personal Reimbursements Not Allowable
Personal reimbursements for purchases made with a personal credit card from Amazon will not be processed.
Reimbursement requests for these purchases will be rejected, and individuals will be held personally liable for purchases made with a personal credit card.
Get Started with Amazon Business
All Amazon Business purchases should be placed through UB’s centralized Amazon Business account.
Request to Join the Amazon Business Account
Email [email protected] from your UB email address (@buffalo.edu). Make sure to include your name, department, UB email address, and have a valid UB Procurement Card in your name.
Your request will be processed within how to register business account on amazon business days. Then, you will receive an activation email directly from Amazon with the subject line, “Welcome to Amazon Business&rdquo. The activation period is time sensitive, so please take action as soon as possible.
Activate Your Amazon Business Account
Activate your Amazon Business account by clicking “Accept the Invitation” from the Amazon email you received when you initially requested access. The first time you access Amazon Business, you first merchants stock price be prompted to create an Amazon Business account.
Use Your @buffalo Email Address
You must use your UB email address (@buffalo.edu) for your Amazon Business account.
First-time User Registration
- You polly holliday blacklist receive an email inviting you to join your organization’s Amazon Business account. Click on Set Up Your Account. Invitations are time sensitive.
- If you do not receive your invitation, please check your spam folder. The email will come from [email protected]
- Choose the scenario below that applies to you and follow the instructions.
Scenario 1 — Create a new business user account:
If you have not previously used your work email address on Amazon.com, account set up is simple. Enter your full name and choose your business password.
Scenario 2 — Convert your existing Amazon account:
Sign in to the existing account that you use for business purchases on Amazon.com. If you already have an Amazon account tied to your work email address and use this account solely for business purchases, you will migrate this existing account to your organization’s Amazon Business account. Do not choose this option if you have made personal purchases on this account.
Scenario 3 — Separate business and personal shopping:
Sign in to the existing account you use for business/personal purchases on Amazon.com. If you have an existing Amazon account tied to your work email and use this account for business and personal purchases, we will separate your personal order history from your work email. The email designated at this step will be used to access your previous account, including existing order history how to register business account on amazon saved payments or shipping addresses.
Pre-existing Amazon Business Accounts
If you are already using an Amazon Business account with your @buffalo.edu email address on a pre-existing Amazon Business account, you must de-register your account, converting it back to a consumer account, otherwise you will not be able to receive an invitation to join UB's centralized Amazon Business account.
The migration of your account will not impact your purchasing process and you will log in using your same user credentials.
Before you de-register your account, please email [email protected] if one or more of the following is applicable to you:
- You are on an account with multiple users
- You have workflow approvals established on your account
De-register Your Existing Amazon Business Account
- Log onto your Amazon Business account and download an order history report for the past 6-12 months (a recommended best practice)
- If applicable, remove all users from the account
- Go to https://amazon.com/gp/b2b/manage/deregister to de-register your existing account (doing so will not remove any information on the account; it will remove Amazon Business account tag)
- Email [email protected] for a registration email to the main account. Your Amazon purchasing process will remain the same and you will log in using your same sign-on credentials.
- If you encounter any problems while de-registering, please call the Amazon Business customer service team at 1-866-486-2360 for assistance.
- If you remove any users on the account, let us know to add them to the main account as well.
Amazon Accounts for Personal Use
If you are currently using your @buffalo.edu email address on East is east and west is west to make personal purchases and do not want to merge your personal order history and Prime Membership to the centralized Amazon Business account, then you will need to change the email address on your personal account to a non-UB email address (i.e. Gmail, Yahoo).
Change Email Address Associated With Your Personal Account
Ensure that your personal order history and any personal Prime Membership remains separate from the Amazon Business account:
- Login to your personal Amazon account
- Hover over drop down and select Your Account
- Select Login and Security Icon
- Next to your email, select edit, and enter in a personal email address that is not already tied to another Amazon account
- Click save
For Business Use Only
The centralized UB Amazon Business account should be used for business purchases only. Unauthorized purchases will be considered a misuse of the PCard and could result in the loss of your PCard privileges and require reimbursement to the university.
Shopping on Amazon Business
UB has established a centralized Amazon Business account to make purchases of items not available through other sellers and other contracts easier. Through Amazon Business, we have access to all items available on the standard Amazon.com site, plus additional business-specific items as well as other items.
Through UB’s centralized Amazon Business Account, you will have unlimited, free 2-day shipping on eligible items. Products eligible for Business Prime Shipping will be designated with a “Prime” logo on the product page and at checkout. Please note, not all shipping speeds are available for all items and all addresses.
If you purchased a Prime Membership with your PCard, you may receive a refund now that you have joined the centralized UB Amazon Business Account. Upon registration, you will be notified that consumer Prime will not transfer over to the University at Buffalo Amazon Business Account because we have already purchased Business Prime. You will be made aware of the company Business Prime and your personal Prime will be cancelled prior to converting your account. If you have paid for future months, you will be reimbursed for those pro-rated months.
If you were charged sales tax on your order even though your Amazon Business account is set lowest brokerage charges for online trading in india for tax-exempt purchasing, you may request a tax refund if your item was sold or fulfilled by Amazon, LLC. Call Amazon Business Customer Service at 1-866-486-2360. If you purchased your item from a third-party seller, go to the Amazon website to “Orders”, locate the item that was charged tax, and click Contact Seller. Please give the seller at least two business days to respond.
Due to a university-wide initiative to reduce risk and tighten internal controls surrounding gift cards, purchases of gift cards may not be made through the UB Amazon Business account. Gift cards are considered a cash equivalent and should be treated as such. Gift card purchases must go through the procurement process to ensure proper controls are in place, and may be submitted as a requisition in eReq or ShopBlue.
Read the Safeguarding Cash and Cash Equivalents Policy
Contact an Expert
UB Amazon Business Account Questions
Email Amazon Business Account Questions
Amazon Business Customer Service: 1-866-486-2360
Amazon Business in BearBUY
I have never used my @berkeley.edu email address on Amazon.com
- If you have how to register business account on amazon previously used your @berkeley.edu address on Amazon.com, account set up is simple!
Your user account is established the first time you “punchout” to Amazon Business from BearBUY.
Just log into BearBuy, select the Amazon Business tile and start shopping.
When accessing Amazon Business for the first time, you might see either Business or Business Primeon your account. These two are indifferent.
Please make sure that your account says Account for UNIV of CAL. to ensure it is associated with the UC Berkeley Amazon Business Prime account.
How to sign up for AmazonSmile
AmazonSmile is a way customers can support their favorite charitable organization every time they shop with Amazon, at no additional cost.
Customers who shop at smile.amazon.com will find the same Amazon they know and love, with the added bonus that AmazonSmile will donate a portion of the eligible purchase price to the charity of your choice.
How to sign up for AmazonSmile
How to use AmazonSmile on a web browser:
- Visit smile.amazon.com
- Sign in with the same account you use for Amazon.com
- Select your charity
- Start shopping! Remember to checkout at smile.amazon.com to generate donations for your chosen charity.
Tip: Add a bookmark to make it easier to shop at smile.amazon.com.
How to use AmazonSmile using the Amazon app on your mobile phone:
- Open the Amazon Shopping app
- Navigate to the main menu (=)
- Tap on Settings and then select “AmazonSmile”
- Select your charity and then follow the on-screen instructions to turn ON AmazonSmile in the mobile app
- Once AmazonSmile has been activated in your app, future eligible app purchases will generate a donation for the charity you have selected.
Note: The tablet app is not yet supported. Please visit smile.amazon.com/onthego to learn more.
See how AmazonSmile helps one charity keep its young dancers on the move:
AmazonSmile and Dancing Dreams
How to register and receive donations for your 501(c)(3) charitable organization*
1. Visit org.amazon.com/signout
2. Click the yellow “Register Now” button
3. Search for your organization by name or EIN
4. Click the yellow “Register” button next to your organization’s name
5. Follow the instructions to complete registration
*In order to register and receive donations, you must be an usaa federal savings bank contact number representative of an eligible organization and meet eligibility requirements.