Thematic videoThe Ten Largest Investment Banks
Fidelity International Usage Agreement
You are visiting Fidelity.com from outside of the United States and you must accept the International Usage Agreement before you can proceed.
I DeclineShow me international options
I AcceptContinue to Fidelity.com
Top 10 Investment Companies in Nigeria
1. Stanbic IBTC Asset Management
Stanbic IBTC Asset Management is one of the best investment companies in Nigeria. It specializes in financing, risk management, trading, investment banking, and other advisory services.
This firm had over the years developed a good understanding of the market trend through experience and had keyed into that in making its decisions.
Stanbic IBTC Asset Management is a subsidiary of Stanbic IBTC Bank which is a member of the Standard Bank Group, a South African company.
2. Zenith Capital
Zenith Capital is under the Zenith bank Plc, one of the leading commercial banks in Nigeria and as it stands, their subsidiary is also one of the best in investment banking in the country.
Zenith Capital invests heavily in recruiting and retaining the right kind of people with the necessary skills, experience, and knowledge required to help it keep delivering its services to its clients. They are one of the best in the country you can trust.
3. Chapel Hill Denham
Chapel Hill Denham is a product of the merger of both Chapel Hill Advisory Partners Limited and Denham Management Limited. Chapel Hill Advisory Partners Limited had been licensed by the Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC) as an Issuing House and Market Maker.
Denham Management Limited, on the other hand, had been licensed by the Security and Exchange Commission (SEC) as a Fund/Portfolio Manager, Broker/Dealer and Investment Adviser. This merger had made this company strong. It is doubtful they were affected by the global financial top 10 investment banks in nigeria that affected the majority of the financial services firms in Nigeria.
4. Vetiva Capital Management Limited
Vetiva Capital Management Limited is a Pan-African company that had been registered by the Security and Exchange Commission (SEC) and the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) to carry out business in Nigeria.
It is one of the leading investment companies in Nigeria and one of the places to develop one’s skills. This is evident as many of their former workers are senior managers in other investment banks in the country.
5. Meristem Securities Limited
Meristem Security Limited was formerly known as Great Africa Securities Limited before it adopted its current name. Meristem Security Limited share capital as of 2014 is N3.3 billion.
They have been licensed to operate as an Issuing House, dealers and brokers by the Security and Exchange Commission (SEC) and the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE)
6. Greenwich Trust Limited
Greenwich Trust Limited is duly registered with the Security and Exchange Commission (SEC) as well as the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE).
It was incorporated in 1992 and since then, has evolved to become a strong player and in the Nigerian investment sector. Greenwich Trust Limited focused on creating value for its customers.
7. WSTC Financial Services
Wall Street Trust Company (WSTC) Financial Services was established in 1991 as a non-financial service provider. In 1993, it was granted permission to operate as a financial company.
Currently, it had been licensed to operate as an Issuing House, Fund/Portfolio Managers and Broker/Dealer by SEC.
8. BGL Securities Limited
BGL Securities Limited offers first-class Corporate Finance and Private Banking/Asset Management services as well as financial advisory services to an expanding client which includes the government, corporate bodies and individuals.
Since it incorporation over a decade ago, it has built a reputation for top 10 investment banks in nigeria and professionally executing it activities in order to deliver the best for it customers. It is a subsidiary of BGL PLC, one of the pioneering investment banks in Nigeria. It headquarters is in Nigeria.
9. Capital Bancorp Plc
This firm is a Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) licensed multidisciplinary finance house and a member of The Nigerian Stock Exchange and registered with Security and Exchange Commission as an Issuing House, Investment Adviser, Broker/Dealer and Portfolio Manager.
Capital Bancorp Limited was borne out of the perceived need to enhance the accessibility of industry, businesses and individuals to capital whether a loan or equity and high-grade investments. It is one of the first financial and professional services providers in the country.
10. FBN Capital Limited
FBN is a subsidiary of First Bank of Nigeria. It is registered with the Security and Exchange Commission (SEC) and known as one of the best investment companies in Nigeria.
Within: (91) 80 4127 1600
International: +91 80 4127 1600
IndiaHyderabadOctave 3, Salarpuria Sattva
Hi-Tec City, Hyderabad
The Top 10 Investment Banks
Below is a list of the top 10 investment banks and best investment banks in the world based on revenue.
1. JP Morgan is the world’s largest investment bank with operations in more than 60 countries. The firm provides investment banking, treasury and securities services, asset management, private banking, commercial banking, and other services. JP Morgan is #1 in global investment banking fees with market share of over 8%. It was honored as the Best Investment Bank in North America by Global Finance. The company generated approximately $5.7 billion in investment banking fees during 2016.
2. Goldman Sachs is a leading banking and investment management firm providing a wide array of products and services to corporations, financial institutions, governments, and high-net worth individuals. The company operates in four business segments: Investment Banking, Institutional Client Services, Investing & Lending and Investment Management. The Investment banking fees amounted to $5 billion in 2016. Top 10 investment banks in nigeria Sachs was named the New single story homes for sale in summerlin las vegas M&A Bank in the world for 2016 by Top 10 investment banks in nigeria Finance. The company’s top 10 investment banks in nigeria capitalization was over $103 billion as of March 20, 2018.
3. Bank of America Merrill Lynch (BAML) is the corporate and investment banking arm of Bank of America Corporation. It is one of the leading providers of wealth management, securities trading and sales, corporate finance and investment banking services. Bank of America ranked No.3 in total investment banking fees. It generated $4.5 billion in investment banking fees during 2016. Bank of America Merrill Lynch was named the World's Best Debt Bank by Global Finance and the Most Innovative Investment Bank for private placement by The Banker.
4. Morgan Stanley provides its products and services to corporations, governments, institutions and individuals worldwide. The firm operates in the three business segments: Institutional Securities, Investment Management and Wealth Management. The Investment Management segment generates investment banking revenues primarily from the placement of investments in real estate and merchant banking funds. The company is headquartered in New York and has its principal offices in London, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other world financial centers. Morgan Stanley was named the Best Equity Bank in North America and the United States by Global Finance in 2016.
5. Citigroup is a global financial services holding company with over 200 million customer accounts. Citi's Institutional Clients Group (ICG) provides investment and corporate banking products and services to corporations, governments, financial institutions, and high-net-worth individuals. It is organized into five groups: Capital Markets Origination, Corporate and Investment Banking, Markets and Securities Services, Treasury and Trade Solutions and the Citi Private Bank. Revenue from investment banking, which is part of Citi's Institutional Clients Group, was $3.8 billion in 2016.
6. Barclays Capital is top 10 investment banks in nigeria investment division of Barclays plc. It provides financial advisory, capital raising, financing and risk management services to corporations, governments and financial institutions around the world. In 2016, investment banking fees reached $3.2 billion. Barclays was honored as the Most Innovative Investment Bank for equity-linked bonds (The Banker).
7. Credit Suisse Group is one of the most prestigious investment banks and one of the world’s largest wealth management firms with total assets under management of CHF 1.345 trillion (September 30, 2017). It operates through two global divisions: Private Banking & Wealth Management and Investment Banking. The Investment Banking division provides securities products and financial advisory services to corporations, governments, institutional investors and high-net-worth individuals. It offers debt and equity underwriting, mergers and acquisitions (M&A), sales and trading, divestitures, prime brokerage, capital raising, investment research and other services. As of March 20, 2018, Credit Suisse had a market capitalization of about $46 billion.
8. Deutsche Bank is one the largest banks in Europe by total assets. It includes five corporate divisions: Corporate Banking & Securities (CB&S), Global Transaction Banking, Deutsche Asset & Wealth Management, Private & Business Clients and the Non-Core Operations Unit. Corporate Banking & Securities (CB&S) is one of the world’s leading investment banks and fixed income powerhouses. Greenwich Associates ranked Deutsche Bank’s global fixed income top 10 investment banks in nigeria first place based on market share. The Banker top 10 investment banks in nigeria Deutsche Bank the most innovative investment bank for IPOs and equity raising.
9. Wells Fargo is the largest bank in world by market value. It is ranked No. 1, 2 or 3 in the U.S. for most of its products and services. The company has four major business groups: Community Banking, Wealth, Brokerage and Retirement, Consumer Lending and Wholesale Banking. Wells Fargo’s Investment banking fees were more than $2 billion in 2016.
10. UBS is a global firm with offices in more than 50 countries. It operates through six business units: Wealth Management, Wealth Management Americas, Retail & Corporate, Global Asset Management, the Investment Bank and Corporate Center. UBS Top 10 investment banks in nigeria Bank serves corporate, institutional and wealth management clients through two main divisions: Corporate Client Solutions and Investor Client Services. Global Finance awarded UBS as the Best Investment Bank in the world for 2016.
Following are the world's leading investment banks ranked by investment banking fees.
|Rank||Company||Fees, US$bn (2017)|
|3||BofA Merrill Lynch||5.360|
Top Investment Banks 2018
|Rank||Company||Market capitalization (US$bn, January 19, 2018)|
|2||Bank of America||330.9B|
|6||Royal Bank of Canada||125.2B|
|11||Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group||67.9B|
|12||Mizuho Financial Top 10 investment banks in nigeria Suisse||48.7B|
Top 25 Largest Investment Banks
1 - JPMorgan Chase
2 - Goldman Sachs
3 - Bank of America Merrill Lynch
4 - Morgan Stanley
5 - Citigroup
6 - Barclays
7 - Credit Suisse
8 - Deutsche Bank
9 - Wells Fargo Securities
10 - RBC Capital Markets
11 - UBS
12 - HSBC Holdings
13 - BNP Paribas
14 - Mizuho Financial Group
15 - Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group
16 - Lazard
17 - Rothschild
18 - Jefferies
19 - Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group
20 - Nomura Holdings
21 - BMO Capital Markets
22 - Evercore Partners
23 - Credit Agricole CIB
24 - TD Securities
25 - Scotiabank
Independent Investment Banks
Allen & Company LLC
APP Securities Pty Ltd
Brown Brothers Harriman
Brown, Shipley & Co
Canaccord Financial Inc
China International Capital
Close Brothers Group
C.W. Downer & Co
Defoe Fournier & Cie
DeSilva & Phillips
Duff & Phelps
FBR Capital Markets
Gleacher & Co.
Greenhill & Co.
Investment Technology Group
Janney Montgomery Scott
Keefe, Bruyette & Woods
M.M.Warburg & CO
Miller Buckfire & Co
Moelis & Company
Morgan Keegan & Company
N M Rothschild & Sons
Needham and Company
Oppenheimer & Co
Perella Weinberg Partners
Peter J. Solomon Company
Robert W. Baird & Company
Sandler O'Neill + Partners
Stone Key Partners
Thomas Weisel Partners
William Blair & Company
WR Hambrecht + Co
Share on WhatsAppShare on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Pinterest
Wealth management is a set of processes that should be part of the routine of individuals and businesses. Managing one’s wealth means managing the list of assets (items of economic value, such as real estate), rights (business transactions, sales, rents) and obligations (debts).
Why you need the services of a wealth manager
A wealth manager will help you to focus your energies on what is most important; you, your family and your work.
The wealth manager will also be able to optimize your investments, creating a more profitable portfolio that is better suited to your own funds. While the risk is not completely eliminated, it is likely that you will make more investment gains with hiring this professional. You will more easily reach your financial goals and your assets will be protected.
With a properly managed heritage and with adequate investments, the stability of your assets is guaranteed. It brings more security to your family, business or future plans. You will thus avoid significant losses due to administration errors. In short, a wealth manager is a very important professional to ensure the growth and security of wealth.
Hence, we have put together a list of top 10 investment and wealth managers in Nigeria.
Top 10 investment and wealth managers in Nigeria
1. ARM Investment Managers
ARM Investment Managers (established in 1994) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of ARM Traditional Asset Management Company Ltd (ARMTAM); the largest non-bank financial services institution in Nigeria. ARM Investment Managers partner with its clients to protect their wealth for the future and bring immense value to transactions.
The Firm is regulated by the Nigerian Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). ARM is headquartered in Lagos, Nigeria with offices across the country. ARM’s wealth structuring and management services for individuals and companies include:
- Financial advice consultations
- Structuring a customised investment portfolio
- Implementation of investment portfolio on your behalf
- Annual reviews of and adjustments to your portfolio
2. FBNQuest Merchant Bank
FBNQuest Merchant Bank is one of the businesses of FBN Holdings Plc, located in Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt. FBNQuest Merchant Bank offers wealth management services with the aim to meet diverse financial needs of its clients by providing unique, wide and varying services to support their financial goals through wealth securitization and inter-generational wealth transfer.
The following wealth management services are offered:
- FBN Premium Deposit: This allows customers to earn interest income on their deposits based on an agreed interest rate and a specified tenor or maturity date.
- FBN Easy Retirement Package: This is designed to meet the specific financial needs of Retirees or soon-to-be retiring persons.
- Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN) Securities: This avails customers the opportunity to meet their investment needs for government securities by bidding through FBNQuest Merchant Bank at FGN Treasury bill(both primary and secondary market).
3. Meristem Securities Limited
Meristem Securities Limited is a capital market conglomerate, that provides a plethora of distinct financial services through a range of products in wealth management, stockbroking, financial advisory, trusteeship, registrars, and probate management services. Meristem Securities Limited has been in operation for about 16 years.
Meristem Securities Limited offers ranging wealth management services, which include Goal-based investment management, wealth preservation, retirement planning, estate planning, philanthropy management, tax planning, succession planning, real estate service.
4. Matog Consulting Ltd
Matog Consulting Ltd has a crop of dedicated financial advisors top 10 investment banks in nigeria will help you build, preserve and manage your wealth. They make use of market-leading advice and funds selection to create personalized multi-asset portfolios. This will help clients to diversify and reduce volatility through a differentiated stream of returns.
Matog Consulting Ltd offer a broad range of wealth management services that evolve as the market does. They are:
- Building a well-diversified investment portfolio.
- Planning for a good life after retirement.
- Trust services to take control of wealth and legacy.
- Wills and estates planning.
- Asset management services.
- Ensuring an orderly succession of assets.
5. NOVA Merchant Bank Limited
NOVA Merchant Bank Limited is owned by Nigerian and Foreign institutional investors who have distinguished themselves in areas such as financial services and the real sector over several decades. NOVA provides end to end financial services solutions covering investment banking, corporate banking, advisory, capital markets, wealth and asset management.
NOVA targets private and public sectors, in addition to private individuals. NOVA has a wealth management offerings tailored to the investment goals and risk appetite of clients.
6. Lotus Capital Limited
Lotus Capital Limited is a full-service ethical investment management company specializing in Asset Management, Private Wealth Management, and Financial Advisory services. Lotus Capital is a pioneer in non-interest finance in Nigeria and duly registered with the Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC) as Fund Managers.
Lotus Capital operates as a traditional boutique investment firm where clients expect the highest-quality Wealth Management Advice addressing all of their financial planning needs. Lotus Capital’s expertise is in developing customized investment plans and actively managing assets.
Lotus Capital begins wealth management services with an assessment of client’s current financial position, investments needs and risk profile. Then, Lotus Capital analyzes the client’s current financial position and help to determine the best course of action for the client, without compromising the client’s beliefs and values.
7. Venerate Capital
Venerate Capital is a wealth management, private equity, investment and business advisory company regulated by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) in Nigeria. Venerate Capital is committed to be the leading source for wealth creation and business transformation in emerging economies.
Every transaction with Venerate Capital provides a unique opportunity to redefine the boundaries of wealth creation by providing unconventional, integrated financial solutions that create and preserve wealth for the various clients bearing in mind their different goals, income requirements, growth challenges and overall risk tolerance.
8. Bulls Capital Ltd
Bulls Capital Ltd is a financial advisory, management consulting and wealth management company founded in 2008, offering wealth management, business advisory, Financial Advisory, transaction advisory, valuation, investment advisory, retirement planning, capital raising, advice on mergers, acquisitions, restructuring, etc.
Bulls Capital Limited offers astute Investment & Wealth Management services through its team seasoned wealth and investment practitioners with deep expertise. Bulls Capital target clients include individuals, families, SMEs and Large Corporations, and Non-Profit Organisations and NGOs.
Wealth management services offered include Retirement planning, estate planning, savings strategies, education funding, employee insurance benefits, insurance protection, tax and investment planning, lifestyle and unique investments, philanthropic investments, family offices, succession planning, and tax compliance.
9. Emerging Africa Capital Ltd
Emerging Africa Capital Ltd (EAC Limited) provides Wealth Management, Investment Facilitation, Business & Governance Consulting as well as Investor Representation Services. EAC Limited supports its clients through a combination of advisory services which incorporates financial planning, independent and transparent recommendations of long-term investment opportunities and estate planning services offered by its domestic and international partners.
EAC Limited begins its wealth management services with understanding client’s financial circumstances and longterm investment objectives and risk considerations. Thereafter the client will be given a recommended personal plan. EAC Limited services are tailored to client’s specific needs and instructions.
10. Alpha Morgan Capital
Alpha Morgan Capital is registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission of Nigeria (RC1049863) and managed by banking professionals with over 52 years of combined experience. Established in 2012. Alpha Morgan Capital’s wealth management leverages an array of dynamic services to provide its affluent clients with the required tools to preserve and grow wealth.
Our clients include institutional investors, High Net Worth Individuals (HNI) and retail clients. We offer various investment options to meet the unique needs of each client class.
We manage assets to achieve the greatest return of value to our clients and all stakeholders, ensuring the creation and preservation of wealth across generations.
Wealth management is an essential tool for business planning in the corporate world and from an individual top 10 investment banks in nigeria of view, it is a mechanism that allows the security of the individual and their family. When hiring a wealth manager, it is natural that you will have to worry less about managing your resources. But be careful, that doesn’t mean you should give up tracking your assets.
Share on WhatsAppShare on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Pinterest