Health insurance for f1 students in usa -PSI留学生保险
Student Health Insurance Since 1996, Accepted at 900+ Universities in U.S.
Let us help you find the right plan that meets your
Find Insurance Plansor Contact Us
PSI is Closely Monitoring the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19):
PSI Student Plans cover COVID-19, the same as any other sickness, subject to the terms and limitation of the policy.
If you already have coverage, login to your PSI account to see details of your COVID-19 coverage.
See why we are #1
For over 25 years, PSI has been providing health insurance for International Students, Scholars, and their dependents in the U.S. Our plans are designed to meet health insurance requirements set forth by major universities and private schools.
Our plans start from just 25% of the cost of a comparable university's Student Health Insurance Plan. You can save money.
Excellent Customer Service
We have a Professional Customer Service Team, responding within 24 hours during the workweek. We customize your enrollment to meet requirements.
Easy & Secure Payment
Your info is safe with us. We have a strong technical support team. The PSI website is protected by Trustwave's Trusted Commerce program.
What Students are saying!
Thanks to PSI I was able to benefit from an excellent service that made me save money and time. The website is user-friendly and it was easy for me to navigate through the different health insurance options. Moreover, the customer service was always timely prompt in answering my questions and accommodating my requests. On the contrary of other insurance companies, PSI was also able to customize my health plan for the exact duration of my program. I would totally recommend PSI as a health insurance provider in the States!
- Alice Repetti
Great Insurance Service!
PSI provides great insurance service. I was looking for some insurance covering my whole academic year at reasonable price. That is PSI. Its responses on my insurance were very quick.
- Koichiro Yammaura
PSI is a great choice for insurance service! I have chosen PSI for two years and found their services are very nice! Based on the experience that I had from other company's customer services, I thought the reply might not be so quickly, maybe the next da. But after 3 minutes, I got reply from PSI Team and their answers were really clear and had detailed guidance. Also, their reimbusement processing time is short. I sent a claim form and after 5 days, I received the check. Thans to PSI I had both Premium plan and service! And will continue being their customer in the future!
PSI is the best insurance for international students. It give great service at super affordable prices. I will be continuing your service in the future too. Thanks a lot PSI!!!
- Vinay Setihia
Go on with PSI!
I've had this insurance for the last 2 years. It has very good competitive rates and I'm happy with the service. Go on with PSI!
- Vinal Shah
Thanks PSI for providing International Students such good health insurance.Trust PSI, you won't regret it
- Wenting Hsu
I feel so Lucky!
I feel so lucky that not only I got a decent insurance with the lowest price I can imagine, but also the coolest stuff to play around on campus. Thank you PSI, for the great gift and for your great insurance plan service.
- Raina Wu
Once again thank you for such a good and thoughtful job that's easy and available for International Students. Maybe you don't hear it a lot but I want to tell you for many of us, far from home countries, PSI is a source of support and feeling safe helps us feel like being at home.
- Dr. Ada Madjd Taymoori
This is my 2nd year purchasing PSI. It provides me cheaper but an officially approved insurance plan. However, what I appreciate most is the comfortable service and good communication when I contact the company. In particular, I would like to thank Hong Gao's passion and patience when communicating with me. As we need to fill up the waiver form when using PSI insurance, there are many blanks that are so ambiguous that I don't know how to do so clearly. When I send emails to ask for help, I always receive the reply in a few minutes, even on early mornings or late afternoons. It is really impressive. I would like to say that what attracts me most is simply the good service and communication.
- Dafeng Xui
I use PSI health insurance and I think you should too. It has one of the cheapest annual premium rates and the benefits are great!!!
- Srinivas Patlollai
PSI is the Best!
PSI is the best... it offers the lowest premiums out there with superb benefits. Thanks!!!
- Abinash Royi
Since 1996, PSI has been providing on-line low cost International Student Health Insurance for students studying in the USA. We specialize in only selling Health Insurance for International Students.
If you hold a J1 or F1 visa you are able to pick from our selection of International Student Health Insurance plans.
It is our aim to provide the best possible service for our customers, have plans that meet or exceed your university's requirements, make the experience of purchasing health insurance as quick and convenient as possible, while at the same time keeping the costs for you as low as possible. We are currently the biggest provider of on-line International Student Health Insurance in the world!
Our plans start from just 25% of the cost of a comparable University health insurance plan, so you can save money, save effort and save time by getting your International Student Health Insurance through PSI.
If you are in J-1 status, you must have health insurance during your entire stay in the U.S. If you have dependents in the U.S on J-2 visas, they are also required to carry health insurance. Not carrying insurance that meets the minimum requirements is a violation of your status and can result in termination of your SEVIS record.
Below are the minimum requirements that the health insurance plan for you and your dependents should meet according to the immigration regulations (22 C.F.R. § 62.14). These requirements are also explained on page 2 of the Form DS-2019.
Medical benefits of at least $100,000 per accident or illness
Repatriation of remains in the amount of $25,000
Expenses associated with the medical evacuation of exchange visitors to his or her home country in the amount of $50,000
Deductibles not to exceed $500 per accident or illness
J-1 Students: You will be insured through Campus Health. The coverage plan offered meets the minimum requirements.
J-2 Dependents: J-2 spouses and children cannot be insured through Campus Health. You must purchase private insurance for them. When purchasing a private health insurance plan you must make sure it meets the requirements above. Most insurance plans do not include repatriation and medical evacuation, so you might have to purchase additional coverage.
International student health insurance
Your cover is also subject to:
• Policy definitions and exclusions
• Any special conditions shown on your Insurance Certificate (and on the Special Condition Form issued before the policy comes into effect, where relevant).
• Any policy endorsements, policy terms and conditions and any other legal requirements.
• Costs being reasonable and customary in accordance with country of treatment, standard and generally accepted medical procedures. If we consider a claim to be inappropriate, we reserve the right to decline or reduce the amount we pay.
Cover is not provided if any element of the cover, benefit, activity, business or underlying business violates any applicable sanction law or regulations of the United Nations, the European Union or any other applicable economic or trade sanction law or regulations.
Please check your Insurance Certificate, Benefit Guide and Table of Benefits to find out more.
F-1: Health Insurance Information
Purdue University Student Health Center Insurance information -
Proof of insurance must be received in a timely manner. There are consequences for those that do not meet the stated deadline. These include late fees, a hold on your account to prevent registration and/or unavailability of transcript, and possible cancellation of classes resulting in violation of your visa status.
In accordance with federal immigration policy and the State University of New York, appropriate and sufficient health insurance is a mandatory requirement for all international students and scholars enrolled at SUNY campuses. Health insurance coverage for accompanying family members is a mandatory requirement for J-2 family members and available to other non-immigrant visa holders as well.
Your international health insurance is through United HealthCare Student Resources, and is provided through Binghamton University. It provides comprehensive medical insurance for accidents and illness, plus medical/security evacuation and repatriation coverage. When accessing the site, you will be prompted to enter your school's name (Binghamton University), then select the policy year.
All international undergraduate and graduate students with non-immigrant visas, with the exception of permanent resident visas, who are registered for classes at Binghamton University will be automatically enrolled in the United HealthCare Student Resources insurance policy unless authorized for exemption by Binghamton University.
What this means to you:
- You will be automatically enrolled in United HealthCare Student Resources's international insurance plan during a time frame after your active class registration takes place each semester. You will be billed accordingly on your student account per semester.
- The insurance plan coverage will include benefits for medical evacuation and repatriation.
- Each semester, once the enrollment process is complete, you will receive email notification from United HealthCare StudentResources. The email will contain information needed to register on their website.
- The United HealthCare StudentResources website allows you to print your insurance ID card, access your user guide and coverage certificates, search for a participating medical provider anywhere worldwide, access prescription medication translation guides, follow claims processing status for claims submitted on your behalf by your medical providers as well as other services.
Current insurance rates
Rates vary by semester, and are subject to change annually. Current rates can be found here.
Students who are authorized for OPT or Academic Training are able to continue health insurance through United HealthCare Student Resources international insurance. Additional information and related forms are available on our website.
For information on dependent insurance, make a selection from the following:
Inbound Student Dependent Enrollment Form
J-1 Scholar and OPT Dependent Enrollment Form
Study Abroad Dependent Enrollment Form
United HealthCare Student Resources
For additional information from UHCSR, make a selection from the following:
Inbound student brochure
Study abroad brochure
How to download mobile app
Personal representative authorization
TeleDoc mental health services
Additional health links
Decker Student Health Services Center
Alcohol, Tobacco and Other Drugs
University Counseling Center
Health Insurance Requirement
All non-immigrant visa holders and their dependents are required to carry insurance for the duration of their program. Health insurance is necessary for everyone in the United States, as medical costs are very high.
All students at Rice University are required to have health insurance coverage and show proof of coverage through the enrollment / waiver process before the semester deadline. In addition, all Rice-sponsored F-1 and J-1 visa international students are subject to the Rice International Student Health Insurance Policy that requires F-1 and J-1 students to enroll in:
- Aetna (Rice's Student Health Insurance Plan)or
- Wellfleet (Rice's Approved Alternate Health Insurance Plan for International Students on F or J visas)
Failure to properly enroll or waive will cause a student to be automatically enrolled and charged for the Rice Aetna plan without the option for modifications.
Exempt or Non-Exempt
For health insurance enrollment and waiver purposes all Rice students are categorized as Exempt or Non-Exempt from the Rice International Student Health Insurance Policy.
Click HERE to see if you are an EXEMPT or NON-EXEMPT student to complete your enrollment / waiver application.
Open Enrollment Period
Fall 2021: July 1, 2021 - August 27,2021
Spring 2022: December 10, 2021 - January 14, 2022
- Coverage will start August 1st (Fall) or January 1st (Spring).
- Students who do not expect to arrive in the United States before the start of classes will not be required to participate in open enrollment and will not be required to have health insurance until they arrive in the United States. When they move to the United States they will be required to enroll in the Aetna Student Health plan or the Alternative SAS plan. Both plans will be available for enrollment as a Qualifying Life Event based on the date of their arrival to the United States. The premiums will be prorated based on the date of enrollment.
- Students in the United States but not in the Greater Houston area before the start of classes will be required to participate in the open enrollment process and must have health insurance that meets our waiver requirements with the exception of having non-emergency coverage in the Houston area. We will track students who meet the requirements other than the Houston area coverage. When they arrive on campus they are required to change their health insurance plan. They will be auto-enrolled in the student plan and the premiums will be prorated based on the date of arrival.
- All students located in the United States who do not take action during Open Enrollment will be auto-enrolled for the annual plan.
The Wellfleet enrollees are not required to apply for a waiver. The OISS and Student Insurance Office receive an official confirmation of your enrollment directly from Wellfleet. The Student Insurance Office remove the pre-billed Aetna amount from your account in about a week after your enrollment.
Health Plan Options
Aetna - Rice Student Plan (click for details)
Short Brochure and Summary Flyer
Click here for Short brochure and Summary flyer
Click here for Current Rates
How to Enroll
- Visit http://studenthealthinsurance.rice.edu
- Click Menu, Enroll or Waive, then "Click here to Enroll or Waive during Open Enrollment"
- You will be redirected to Aetna's website
- Upon submission, your enrollment will be complete
- You will pay your insurance premium on your student bill
Click here for instructions on how to Print your ID Card. To request a card, contact Aetna's customer service at 877-375-7908.
Filing a Claim
Click here to File a Claim
Find a Doctor
Click here to Find a Preferred Provider (In-Network Doctor)
Frequently Asked Questions
Click here for Aetna FAQ's
For plan specific and network provider questions, please contact Aetna Student Health directly at 1-877-375-7908 or click here to visit the website.
If your doctor's office is closed and you do not know whether your condition is life threatening, you can call one of the Nurse Health Lines listed below. This is a free service available 24/7. You will be able to speak to a trained Nurse that can advise you on the best place to seek treatment based on your symptoms.
Aetna Nurse Health Hotline: 1-800-556-1555 (ONLY available to students enrolled in the Aetna insurance plan)
Memorial Hermann Nurse Health Line: 713-338-7979 or Toll Free at 1-855-577-7979
Rice Student Health Center: 713-348-4966
Wellfleet - Alternate Insurance Plan for Students
- Plan Information
Click here for Plan Information
- Current Rates
Insurance For: Annual 8/1/2021 - 7/31/2022 Fall 8/1/2021 - 12/31/2022 Spring 1/1/2022 - 7/31/2022 Student only $1,727/year $724 $1,003 Spouse $1,727/year $724 $1,003 Each child $1,727/year $724 $1,003 3 or more children $5,181/year $2,172 $3,009
Please note that the doctoral subsidy is only applied if a doctoral student enrolls in the Rice Aetna plan. For information on the doctoral student health insurance subsidy, please click here.
- How to Enroll
- Spring enrollment will be available December 10, 2021 until January 14, 2022
- Visit https://www.studentinsurance.com/Client/895
- Click on "Enroll" to complete your enrollment application
- For students arriving late for the Spring 2022 semester; please contact Paul Fisher at [email protected], or Nancy Braun at [email protected] to request the enrollment form and the premium quote. The insurance carrier will require a copy of your I-94 showing the date of your arrival in the U.S.
- How to Create an Account
- ID Card/User Manual
Students are able to log into their secure online account at www.wellfleetinsurance.com. In the portal, students can print their ID cards. User manual available online.
- Filing a Claim
Click here to File a Claim and view the Claim Status
- Find a Doctor
Click here to Find a Preferred Provider (In-Network Doctor)
- Frequently Asked Questions
Click here for Wellfleet FAQ's
- Contact Wellfleet
PO Box 15369 Springfield, MA 01115-5369
Customer Service Phone: 877-657-5030 (M-Th 8:30am - 7:00pm EST; Fri 8:30am - 5:00pm EST)
Direct Contact for Rice University:
Paul Fisher – Phone: 877-626-0360; email [email protected]
Nancy Braun – Phone: 877-626-0360; email [email protected]
Enrollment Issues: Pinnacle Student Insurance: 877-626-0360
Benefits and Claims Issues:https://studentinsurance.com/Schools/?Id=895
Office of International Students & Scholars:
Email: [email protected]
- Additional Services Included in your Wellfleet plan
CareConnect - Behavioral Health Hotline 888-857-5462
24/7 telephone access to professional assistance by licensed mental health professionals for concerns like drug abuse, alcohol-related concerns, transition and/or adjustment issues, stress related to coursework and careers, cultural diversity issues, eating disorders and body concerns, anger management issues, suicidal r homicidal ideations, relationship problems. 24/7 telephone access to professional assistance by licensed mental health professionals for concerns like drug abuse, alcohol-related concerns, transition and/or adjustment issues, stress related to coursework and careers, cultural diversity issues, eating disorders and body concerns, anger management issues, suicidal or homicidal ideations, relationship problems.
24 Hour Nurseline 800-634-7629
Phone-based, reliable health information response to health concerns and questions. Assistance in decisions on the appropriate level of care for an injury or sickness. This program is not a substitute for doctor visits or emergency response systems. It does not answer health plan benefit questions. For health plan benefit questions call 800-633-7867.
Emergency Medical and Travel Assistance
Program that will arrange emergency medical and travel assistance services, repatriation services and other travel assistance services when you are traveling. If you are travelling and need assistance in North America, call 877-305-1966 or when in a foreign country, call collect at +1 715-295-9311.
Vision Discount Program – Davis Vision Discount Program
Dental and eye examinations
The health insurance charges listed above do not include routine dental and eye examinations, nor charges for dental work and eyeglasses. The normal charge for a full dental exam is about $100. Dental work is quite expensive. Eye examinations cost about $100. Glasses can cost $125 or more. It is highly recommended that you have your eyes and teeth cared for before coming to Rice.
Low cost Dental / Vision Options (These are all discount programs, not insurance)
Aetna enrolleesclick here. Wellfleet enrollees can also use the services, except the Vital Savings on Dental Discount program which must be purchased.
Wellfleet enrolleesclick here. Davis Vision Discount program is included in your Wellfleet plan. Careington Dental Discount program is available for purchase as a separate dental plan.
Additional Important Notes
- **Meningitis vaccine requirement: All new undergraduates (including transfers) must complete the meningitis vaccine requirement 10 days prior to moving on campus. Students who fail to meet this requirement will not be allowed to move into on-campus housing. For more information about the requirement, please click here.
- For Rice University J-1 student visa holders: When you register with the OISS, you will be required to show proof that you have purchased one of the approved health insurance plans for you and your family. Failure to maintain adequate health insurance can, by law, result in the termination of your J-1 status. The Rice Aetna plan or the approved Wellfleet alternate insurance plan meet the legal visa requirements for J-1 visa holders.
- For new students: The Health Data Form must be completed and mailed to the address below before June 1st (for undergraduate students) or July 1st (for graduate students). The form should be completed in your home country, as medical check-ups in the U.S. can be very expensive.
RICE UNIVERSITY STUDENT HEALTH SERVICE
6100 MAIN ST. MS#760
HOUSTON, TX 77005
- Interim insurance for new students: Rice health insurance plans (Aetna and Wellfleet) have an effective annual term from August 1- July 31 of the following year. If you will be arriving early or beginning your program in the summer, you will need to secure alternate insurance that will cover you until your school plan becomes effective. You are free to select the insurance company of your choice for this interim period. Atlas Insurance is an example of a good option, as it meets the minimum requirements for specific visa categories, such as the J-1, and has the flexibility of enrolling for the number of days that you need. For more information, please visit: http://www.internationalstudentinsurance.com/travel-medical-insurance/
- For all students: A Health Service Fee of $241 per semester is also required by Rice University. This fee pays for your use of the campus health center service only. It is entirely separate from the health insurance which helps pay for hospital or physician bills off campus, and does not offer service to dependents.