First commonwealth federal credit union login -
Personal Digital Banking Services & Solutions
Enjoy total access banking that keeps you connected to your finances from anywhere you are, anytime you want, on any device you have1. To sign up for these services, you'll want to have a personal checking account. Use our account recommendation tool to find the best account for you.
I want to know more about:
Perfect for managing your account from your laptop, with tools to pay bills, make transfers and open new accounts.
Mobile Banking App
Get access to everything you need and deposit checks with our app available for Apple and Android devices.
Mobile Banking App
Money Manager Personal Financial Management
Track your spending, set goals, establish budgets and monitor your net worth on any device.
Send money in the moment with Zelle.2
Look hip at checkout by using your phone or smartwatch to pay.
1 We don’t charge for these services but standard message, data, and internet service provider rates may apply so check with your carriers.
2 Must have a bank account in the U.S. to use Zelle.
Zelle and Zelle related marks are wholly owned by Early Warning Services, LLC and are used herein under license.
Just so you know … By following this link, you will leave our website and go to the website of one of our affiliates. If you agree, click "Continue" to proceed. Rather not? Simply click "Go Back" to remain on cbna.com.
If you click "continue," the link will attempt to open a new browser window. If it can’t, the new site will open in the current window.
You should know Community Bank, N.A. has no control over the information at any site that’s linked to or from this site. We are providing this link only as a convenience to our customers. Community Bank, N.A. makes no representation concerning these sites and is not responsible for the quality, content, nature or reliability of any site linked to or from our site. The presence of any links on our site does not imply any endorsement, investigation, verification or monitoring by Community Bank, N.A. of any information on any linked site and we are not responsible for your use of a linked site.
If you click "Continue," the link will attempt to open a new browser window. If it can’t, the linked site will open in your current window.
How to Check Your First Commonwealth Bank Account Online
By Collier Jackson
Gone are the days of calling your bank's automated information line to get details on your account. With online banking, you can check your account balance, review your purchases and even pay bills. Like almost all banks, First Commonwealth bank gives online banking access to all its customers. To access online banking you will first need to enroll in the program, then you can log in with your selected credentials.
Navigate to First Commonwealth Bank's website fcbanking.com.
Mouse over "My Accounts" in the top-right corner and click on "WebBank."
Click on the "Click here to enroll" link.
Read the Electronic Funds Transfer Act Disclosure and click on "Accept."
Read the Internet Banking Service Agreement and click on "Accept."
Enter your account number, last four digits of your Social Security Number and the last four digits of your debit/ATM card in the respective fields.
Choose a username and password with which to access online banking.
Enter the additional requested information and click "Submit."
Log in to your account. Enter your username, click "Login," enter your password and click "Sign In."
Collier Jackson has been writing professionally since 2010. Writing for various websites, he specializes in topics related to foreign languages, linguistics and Asian cultures. Jackson holds a Bachelor of Arts in Chinese from The Ohio State University.
First Commonwealth Federal Credit Union
First Commonwealth is a consumer-friendly alternative to banking. They offer all the services you’re accustomed to, but at better rates and lower fees. That’s because they’re structured differently than banks. Banks are in business to earn profits for their stockholder investors. First Commonwealth Federal Credit Union exists to improve your financial well-being. There are no stockholders, but instead being cooperatively owned by members (account holders). Profits are returned to you in the form of higher dividends on savings, lower rates on loans, and lower fees.
First Commonwealth is federally chartered by the National Credit Union Administration and governed by a member-elected, volunteer board of directors.
450 Union Blvd.
Allentown, PA 18109
257 Broadhead Rd.
Bethlehem, PA 18017
4300 William Penn Hwy.
Easton, PA 18045
7627 Tilghman St.
Allentown, PA 18106
15093 Kutztown Rd.
Kutztown, PA 19530-9279
430 South 7th St.
Lehighton, PA 18235
Deal has ended, view more bank account bonuses by clicking here.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $250
- Availability: Both PA and NJ are eligible for this bonus through American Consumer Council
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $500+ per month and ongoing
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Up to $500
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: $20, 90 days
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: August, 31 2021
Direct link to offer
- First Commonwealth Federal Credit Union is offering a bonus of up to $250 when you use promo code BETTER21. Bonus broken down as follows:
- $50 when you open a new membership to join First Commonwealth
- $100 when you open a new checking account, use your debit card, and sign up for eStatements
- $100 when you add a qualifying direct deposit to your new checking account. Must be at least $500 per month and ongoing.
- Can also get another $100 from opening loan products
The Fine Print
- Member may not be primary or joint owner on existing checking account.
- Account must be opened between 5/24/21 and 7/31/21.
- Member must make at least one purchase with debit card tied to new checking account within 30 days of account opening.
- Enrollment in eStatements through First Commonwealth Digital Banking required.
- A qualifying direct deposit is defined as payroll, social security, or pension payment and must be made to member’s Checking Account, be received within 30 days of account opening, be on-going, and total $500 or more each month.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Value checking account has no monthly fees to worry about.
Early Account Termination Fee
According to the fee schedule there is a $20 fee if closed within 90 days of account opening.
Never seen a bonus from this bank before, but given the relatively easy requirements it’s worth doing. We will add this to our list of the best bank account bonuses.
Hat tip to reader IS250
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
Frequently Asked Questions about ePayer
Q: What is ePayer?
A: ePayer is a service that allows you to pay virtually anyone or any company through your online banking account. You determine who you want to pay, when you want to make the payment and which account you want the payment to come from. It's safe, secure and easy to use.
Q: Who can I pay with ePayer?
A: You can pay virtually any business or individual with a mailing address within the United States and Puerto Rico. For example, you can pay utilities, cable bills or credit cards, or individuals such as a landlord, babysitter or relative.
Getting Started with ePayer
Q: How do I start using ePayer?
A: The first step is to add a payee, the person or company you wish to pay. Here’s how easy it is:
- Log in to your account and click the "Bill Pay" link.
- Click the "Add a Payee" button on your home page dashboard.
- Enter the requested information. Typically this information can be found on your latest bill statement.
Once you add your payee, you can start making payments in seconds.
Q: How do I make payments with ePayer?
- Find your payee on the payments dashboard.
- Enter the payment amount and date, then submit.
How ePayer Works
Q: How are payments delivered?
A: Payments may process electronically or by check. Electronic payments will either process through ACH or by virtual card. The goal is to deliver your payment securely, using the fastest method available for your payee. All other payments are made by paper checks that are mailed via the U.S. Postal Service.
Q: Is ePayer secure?
A: Paying bills online is one of the safest ways to pay your bills. ePayer helps guard against identity theft from lost or stolen checkbooks, bills and statements. It also increases your privacy because only you can access your account information, account numbers and payment history. As a result, you maintain tighter control of your account with real-time access to your payments activity.
Q: How long does it take before my payment is received?
A: Generally, your payment is received within 2 to 7 days, depending on whether or not it is sent electronically or via paper check.
Q: What are the primary benefits of ePayer?
A: Here's a quick list of the many ways you can benefit from using ePayer.
- Save time. With ePayer, you can receive and pay your bills online, all in one place. That means no more visiting multiple websites to pay bills or trips to the post office to mail checks. In addition, smart features such as recurring payments allow you to automate regular bill payments.
- Save money. Paying bills online saves on postage, envelopes, late fees and checks. If you pay just 10 bills per month, you can easily save over $110.00* per year.
- Stay organized. Your payment history is stored in your online account, so you won't have to sort through paper receipts or visit multiple websites to access past transactions.
- Gain peace of mind. Paying bills electronically means no risk of mailed checks getting lost or stolen. Plus, you can stop worrying about missing a bill payment when you set up reminders and automated recurring payments.
- Help the environment by saving paper. With ePayer, there are no checks to write or envelopes to mail. That's good news for you and the environment.
*Savings are approximate and based upon the average annual cost of stamps, envelopes and checks required for paying 10 bills per month.
Q: What is eBill?
A: eBill is a feature that allows you to receive and pay electronic versions of paper bills directly from your ePayer account.
Q: How do eBills work?
A: eBills are delivered directly to your ePayer account. Once you set up an individual eBill for a company you do business with, an eBill comes directly from that payee to your account. Examples of businesses that offer eBills are cable service providers, phone service providers, utility providers and credit card companies.
Q: Will I still receive paper statements when I have eBill?
A: You may continue to receive paper statements for the next 2 or 3 billing cycles. Contact your payee for more details on their paper statement policy.
Q: How will I know if eBill is available for a payee?
A: If a payee offers eBill, there will be a “Setup eBill” link next to their listing on your ePayer dashboard.
If you are receiving eBill summaries from your payee and full bill statements become available, you will see a button that reads “Setup eBill”
Q: What are the primary benefits of eBill?
A: With eBill, everything you need is in one convenient location. Using eBill allows you to streamline your bill pay routine and have online access to your bills. That means you won't have to keep track of paper bills. In addition, you can view past bill statements at a glance.
Q: What information is included in an eBill?
A: If available for your payee, your full bill statement will be delivered to your account. That means you can view all statement information, including transactions, payment history, credits, and more.
If full eBill details are not available for your payee, you will receive a summary eBill statement that includes balance due, due date and minimum payment amount.
Q: How do I pay an eBill?
A: To pay an eBill, simply choose the account you want to pay from, enter the amount you want to pay and schedule when you want the payment delivered.
Q: How do I know when I have received an eBill?
A: You can sign up to receive an electronic notice to alert you when an eBill has been delivered to your account. You can receive these notices in the form of emails or text alerts to provide an extra reminder when a payment is due.
First Commonwealth FCU Mobile
FCFCU Mobile gives you the ability to quickly and conveniently access your account and conduct your daily finances with piece of mind. Our app is complete with firewalls and other security features to protect your information 24/7. With FCFCU Mobile, you can:
o View account balances
o Transfer funds
o View pending transactions
o Create, approve, cancel or view funds transfers
o View transaction history
o Set-up and pay bills
o Deposit checks
o View check images
o Set preferences and view eStatements
o Send money to anyone with just their name and email
o Manage your debit and credit cards
o Instantly pay bills and update cards used for common subscription services
o Transfer money between your First Commonwealth account and outside financial institutions
o Categorize transactions and create a budget
o Open accounts and apply for loans
o Create and manage alerts
o Send and receive secure messages
o Access financial center hours and location information
o Spanish option available
Questions? Visit us at www.firstcomcu.org or call us at 610.821.2403 to learn more.