Thematic videoWhy you NEED to get the Walmart Credit Card!
Does Walmart Credit Card Approve Bad Credit?
Have you tried Walmart’s credit card in your shopping? We all know millions of people in America shop from Walmart to save money. They provide almost everything at the cheapest prices as they register themselves largest retailers in the country. This is all seems wonderful, but what happens in terms of credit cards? Do you ever think about it? You can have two types of Walmart cards- one is Walmart MasterCard, which you can use anywhere. Another one is only Walmart Credit Card is valid only for Walmart stores, their online site, and in the gas station of Murphy USA. More or less, these two cards have their own significance and they have different approval criteria.
Brief Information About Walmart Credit Card With Bad Credit:
Yes, you are correctly thinking there is a difference between the accesses of these two cards, but they offer similar features and benefits. You can get cashback and rewards without giving any annual fees. Although you can get different reward points, you can have the highest bonuses and rewards from the online platform of walmart.com.
However, you may fill interest rates and late fines depend to be upon the high side in comparison with the same type of cards. Are you a regular shopper at Walmart? Therefore, you must have carried any card among these two. This is not the end you will get interested in these cards because they will give you 3% cashback as a decent incentive. If you are an employee of Walmart you can directly apply for a credit card using the Walmartone Employee portal.
Walmart Credit Card: Bad Credit OK!
Hey, have you used store credit cards? If you do, then you will definitely know that this typically restricted within the shops and stores. Unfortunately, you also can see this Walmart Credit card is different from these store cards. This card is although unable to meet all the requirements, but if you are unable to pursue the Walmart MasterCard then it will be better for you. Not only that! We have provided some key features of this card so that you can understand what barriers you may face if you pursue this card-
- You will get really disappointed because this card is only convenient for Walmart shops and online platforms.
- However, don’t be upset too much, because you can have a 3% cashback from their online platform, a 2% discount is valid from Murphy and Walmart gas station. Not only that! You can also get 1% cashback from their www walmart credit card store.
- Now you will think about how can you get your rewards? For this purpose, we can assure you that you will have your rewards on next month’s statement as a credit form.
- Though this card has multiple restrictions it provides you amazing offers like in the opening of your credit card account you can have $25 credit as a statement if you purchase anything worth $75 on that opening day.
- More than everything! You can buy an APR of 25.15% from this card.
However, who knows this credit will be the best among the USA countrymen if the 1% cashback offer is applicable for all departmental stores. Fore mostly, this card is considered as bad credit because the initial limit is very low.
Better Cards for Bad Credit: Walmart Credit Card
Are you looking for a diverse credit card? Then we can have plenty of choices for you as bad credit-
Total Visa Card:
This card is a wonderful example of which serves you an easy application and you can get any approval very fast. There are many people who think this card is the cheapest and most flexible card, but they are completely wrong. These cards are not at all cheapest because the customers need to give annual fees of $75 in the first year and after that, they have to pay $48 as an annual fee. However, you can easily access this card at any shopping site and shops of Walmart where accepts Visa.
Capital One Secured MasterCard:
As per the report, this is one of the most familiar and largest credit card companies which someone able to choose as bad credit. You also can go for it because it does not require any annual fee and you can have the highest credit limit at the very beginning. You can get sufficient credit after 5 months of consecutive payment.
Fingerhut Credit Account:
This is also a popular example of a card that works like a bad credit for buying different items from online platforms. This will be a good option for you to build up your credit according to the payment reported to all credit bureaus. However, you cannot use this card in Walmart stores and shops but it will definitely help you to increase your credit score as a conventional credit card. This is not the end! You need to pay much more to buy APR; therefore we can suggest you don’t carry too much balance with this card.
You May Also Like:
Capital One® Walmart Rewards® Card 2021 Review
The Capital One Walmart Credit Card earns rewards at the following rates:
- 5% back on Walmart.com & in the Walmart app, including Grocery Pickup and Delivery; Earn 2 % on restaurants and travel, and at Walmart Stores, Walmart & Murphy USA Fuel Stations; Earn 1% back everywhere else Mastercard® is accepted
If you already go straight to your Walmart app when you need to shop, you’ll be rewarded with a generous 5% cash back on your purchases. This includes grocery pickup and delivery, which makes the Walmart Rewards card somewhat unique. Most stores that have groceries as a bonus category will exclude superstores such as Walmart in their fine print. That said, if you prefer in-person shopping, your rewards will be significantly less lucrative after the first year. If you connect your card to Walmart Pay, and pay for your in-store purchases that way, you will earn 5% cash back for the first 12 months, then 2% thereafter.
Earning 2% cash back on dining, travel, and co-branded gas stations could be achieved with a straight cash-back card and 1% cash back www walmart credit card other purchases is not competitive compared to the best cash-back credit cards.
Redeeming Www walmart credit card simplest way to apply the rewards from the Walmart Rewards card is as a statement credit. You can also use the rewards to redeem during online checkout at Walmart.com, to pay with points at checkout via Walmart Pay, as an eraser for Walmart purchases, to book travel through the Capital One travel center or for gift cards. Considering the value is identical regardless of method, redeeming for a statement credit is the way to go as it can be applied to any purchase made on the card.
To determine the rewards potential of credit cards, Forbes Advisor uses data from various government agencies to determine both baseline income and spending averages across various categories. The 70th percentile of wage-earning households bring in $100,172 annually, and we base spending on that number.
The Walmart Credit Card offers 5% cash back for the first 12 months on all Walmart Pay purchases. For this review, we are assuming that all Walmart Purchases will earn 5% cash back, even after the first year, since items ordered through the app are easily available for store pickup. In addition, Forbes Advisor is assuming that all gas purchases are made at a Walmart-owned station (which includes Murphy USA).
We estimate that our sample household spends $5,687 on groceries, earning $284.35 in cash back per year. Earning 2% cash back on $4,406 in restaurant purchases comes to $88.12, while $3,185 in travel earns $63.70 back. Spending $2,687 on gas earns $53.74 at 2% back, and the $10,445 in remaining spending would add an additional $104.45 back, bringing the total annual cash back to $594.36.
Tired of complex credit card points? Consider Walmart Reward Dollars™
This post was sponsored by Duo Bank of Canada, issuer of the Walmart Rewards™ Mastercard®. The views and opinions expressed in this blog, however, are my own.
Have you ever noticed that credit card connoisseurs talk a lot about welcome bonuses and accelerated earn rates but often give little attention to whether or not a card’s rewards program is user friendly?
We all love free stuff and many credit card rewards programs are extremely lucrative, but some can also be quite complicated. What should be a straightforward redemption process can quickly become overwhelming when you start to factor in reward charts, redemption minimum rules, and point values that fluctuate depending on what you redeem for and when. It’s no wonder some Canadians don’t completely understand how to redeem their credit card rewards.
But rewards programs don’t have to be complicated. Case in point: Walmart Reward Dollars. The Walmart Reward Dollars program makes redemptions straightforward and hassle-free so you can do away with calculators and quickly start using your reward dollars to save on your everyday essentials
Walmart Reward Dollars – How it works
Reward Dollars value
Walmart Reward Dollars is the Walmart credit card rewards program. It is an easy program to understand because point values always stay the same regardless of the purchase you make or the time of year, making it simple to calculate.
1 Walmart Reward Dollar is equal to $1 that you can spend at Walmart.
You can redeem your Walmart Reward Dollars on virtually any purchase at the over 400 Walmart locations in Canada or online at Walmart.ca.
To redeem Walmart Reward Dollars, you must redeem a minimum of $5.00 worth of Walmart Reward Dollars. That means that the total purchase amount must be at least $5.00 before taxes. If you wish to redeem more than $5.00 worth of Walmart Reward Dollars, you must do so in $5.00 increments.
You can also redeem Walmart Reward Dollars at any time further adding to the program’s flexibility.
In order to redeem in-store at Walmart retail locations, simply insert your card in the debit reader as your payment method and follow the prompts. You’ll automatically see your Walmart Reward Dollars balance and can choose to redeem in $5 increments at the touch of a button.
If you want to redeem your Walmart Reward Dollars online, you simply sign-in to your Walmart.ca account and www walmart credit card your Walmart Rewards™ Mastercard® as your payment method. You’ll then be able to see the option to “Redeem Walmart Reward Dollars” on the check-out screen in the left-hand column.
If you’re sharing your Walmart Rewards Mastercard with a supplemental cardholder, they can also redeem your Walmart Reward Dollars.
Walmart Reward Dollars are also easy to manage. You can keep track of how many Walmart Reward Dollars you have by checking your monthly credit card statement or accessing your account online.
What can I redeem Walmart Reward Dollars for?
As Walmart is a major retailer in Canada, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to redeem your Walmart Reward Dollars. They can be redeemed on virtually any purchase at the over 400 Canadian Walmart retail stores or online at Walmart.ca.
You can use your Walmart Reward Dollars to buy almost all of your daily needs like groceries, electronics, household goods, kitchenware and more – the list is big. Note, however, that you can’t redeem Walmart Reward Dollars for actual cash but rather strictly for items you purchase at Walmart or Walmart.ca.
How do I earn Walmart Reward Dollars?
So, the big question is: how do you earn Walmart Reward Dollars? You can earn reward dollars by using one of two no-fee credit cards: the Walmart Rewards™ Mastercard® what is the capital of new york the Walmart Rewards™ World Mastercard®.
A great feature of both the cards is that you earn Walmart Reward Dollars everywhere you shop – not just at Walmart. And when you do use the cards for Walmart purchases, you’ll earn a little extra.
With both cards, you’ll earn 1.25% in Walmart Reward Dollars on eligible purchases at Walmart retail locations in Canada before taxes, which is the equivalent of 1.25 cents for every dollar spent.
With the new Walmart Rewards™ World Mastercard®, you’ll earn a whopping 3% on your eligible online purchases at Walmart.ca before taxes, as well as 1.25% at any gas station (with the Walmart Rewards™ Mastercard® you earn 1% at gas stations). With both cards, you’ll also earn 1% in Walmart Reward Dollars for all other purchases.
Walmart is offering up to $25 in bonus Walmart Reward Dollars. You get 15 bonus Walmart Reward Dollars after making two qualifying purchases using your card: one purchase at a Walmart store in Canada or online at Walmart.ca and one at another location anywhere Mastercard® is accepted (both purchases must www walmart credit card made within 30 days of getting your card). You’ll get another 10 bonus Walmart Rewards Dollars after you sign up for paperless statements.
When you apply, you’ll be matched with one of the two credit cards. Note that to qualify for the new Walmart Rewards™ World Mastercard® you’ll need a household income of at least $100,000.
Duo Bank of Canada, issuer of the Walmart Rewards™ Mastercard®, is not responsible for maintaining or monitoring the accuracy of information on this website.
Can I Pay My Walmart Credit Card by Phone?
Whether you have the Capital One Walmart Rewards Mastercard or the Walmart Rewards Card, you can pay your credit card bill by phone. The number to call is 877-294-7880 and it is the same number for both cards.
Know this before you call:
- Before you call, have your Walmart credit card ready with you because you would be asked to provide your credit card number during the payment process
- You would also need a valid checking account or a valid debit card
- If you are paying with your checking account, write down the routing number of www walmart credit card bank and the account number of your checking account on a piece of paper
- The routing number of your bank is 9 digits long. It is the 1st set of numbers printed on the bottom left side of your checks
- The account number of your checking account is typically 10 – 12 digits long depending on your bank. It is the 2nd set of numbers printed on the bottom of your checks, just to the right of the bank routing number
- If you are paying with your debit card, have it ready with you
- Call 877-294-7880 or the number printed on the back of your Walmart credit card
- Follow the instructions of the automated payment system to pay your credit card bill. There is no service charge for paying your bill this way
- If you want the help of a human in making your payment, you can opt to talk to a customer service representative at any point during your phone call by pressing “0”. However, you will be charged a service fee of $10 for this human touch
Can I Pay My Walmart Credit Card by Mail?
You can pay your Walmart credit card by sending in your payment through the mail. If you are paying by mail, you would need to use a personal check or a money order for your payment. Cash is not allowed. To make sure your payment will be credited to your credit card account, write your credit card number on the front of your check or money order
Use the payment envelope that comes with your credit card statement. Put your check or money order together with the payment coupon that comes attached to your credit card statement into the payment envelope
If you do not have the payment envelope that comes with your credit card statement, you can send your payment to the general payment mailing address of Capital One:
Attn: Payment Processing
PO Box 71083
Charlotte, NC 28272-1083
Can I Pay My Walmart Credit Card at Walmart?
You can pay your Capital One credit card in person at any Walmart Money Center. You need to bring your Walmart credit card to the store as the employees there will not be able to look up your credit card account.
You also need to bring the payment coupon that comes with your credit card statement. You can pay with cash, a personal check, or money order. If you prefer to pay your Capital One credit card bill with a debit card, you need to call Capital One at (800) 227-4825 to make the debit card payment.
What other bills can you pay at Walmart MoneyCenter?
Besides credit card bills, you can also pay your phone and cable bills, utility bills like electric and gas, insurance, mortgage, rent, and even sending money to an inmate or child support. You can search for a list of more than 15,000 vendors to pay bills on Money Services in Walmart app.
If you want to pay other bills at MoneyCenter, have these things ready before going there:
- Company name
- Account number(s)
- The amount you want to pay
- Money (cash or a debit card)
How to pay in person:
- Go to any Walmart store
- Go up to any customer service desk or cashier counter inside the store
- Give the customer service representative or the cashier your credit card, your payment coupon, and your payment
- Make sure you get a receipt
- Your payment should be posted to your credit card account within 24 to 48 hours
Related: What Time Does Walmart Open? All Departments & Holiday Hours 2021
Can I Pay My Walmart Credit Card with Mobile App?
If you do not want to create yet another online account or download yet another mobile app just to pay your Walmart credit card, you can use your bank’s website or mobile app to do so.
Pretty much all banks will allow you to receive and pay e-bills from hundreds of companies including credit card companies, cable providers, utility companies, mobile service providers, and more.
- Sign in to the website or mobile app of your bank
- Go to the “Bill Payment” section
- Click on “Add a Company”
- Find “Capital One” under the “Credit Cards” category or “Walmart” under the “Store Cards” category. Add that as a billing company to your account
- Enter the information of your Capital One Walmart credit card to set up e-billing
- From now on, you will receive your Walmart credit card bills through the website or mobile app of your bank. You can then pay your credit card bill from within your bank account
- You can also set up your other bills in a similar manner. This way, you can pay all your bills – credit cards, car loan, mortgage, utilities, phone, Internet, cable TV, etc – in one place using your bank account website or mobile app
If You Miss get cash app card Payment on Walmart Credit Card
Missing a credit card payment is never a good idea. But it is an especially bad thing when it comes to the Capital One Walmart credit card, mostly because of the high interest rate charged by this card.
When you miss a Capital One Walmart credit card payment, a few things will happen.
- Late Fee: You will be charged a Late Payment Fee of as much as $39
- APR Increase: If you miss a payment, Capital One may raise your APR in response
- Credit Score Hit: Whether you pay your bills on time is the biggest factor in the calculation of your credit scores. When you miss a payment to your Walmart credit card, Capital One may report that to the credit bureaus, causing a big hit to your credit scores. While the exact formulae of credit score calculation are kept secret by the 3 credit bureaus (Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion), generally a single late payment that is more than 30 days past due can reduce your credit score by as many as 100 points. That is a very significant drop as far as credit scores are concerned. Worse still, a missed payment will typically stay on your credit reports for as many as 7 years
What to do when you miss a payment:
- Make a Payment As Soon As Possible: The longer you wait, the more interest you will be charged
- Call Customer Service: If you have only missed your payment by 2 or 3 days, you can ask customer service to waive or reduce your late fee
How to Set Up Auto Pay for Walmart Credit Card
You can set up auto-pay on your Capital One account online so that each month www walmart credit card due date a payment will be made automatically on your behalf. You do not have to lift a finger and there will never be any late fee.
Make sure you have set up your Capital One online account and linked your checking account as an associated payment method as described in the section above.
- Go to the Capital One Walmart website here
- Click on the Sign In button on the lower left part of the screen
- Enter the username and password you have chosen for yourself when you set up your online Capital One account
- Click Sign In
- Select the Capital One credit card you want to set up auto-pay for – in this case, it would be your Capital One Walmart credit card
- Click on Set Up Automatic Payment
- Select the amount of money you want to auto-pay each time. Your options are:
- Statement Balance: If you choose this, you will not be incurring interests on your credit card
- Minimum Payment: This is the minimum amount you have to pay to avoid being charged with a late fee
- Fixed Amount: The minimum amount for this option is $35
- If you have more than 1 checking account set up as your payment method, you can select which checking account you want to use for your automatic payment
- Make sure you have enough money in your checking account on the payment due date each month to cover your chosen payment amount. Otherwise, you will be charged an overdraft fee by your bank
- Click Submit
- You are all set. Your payment will be made automatically each month on your payment due date
How to Change Payment Date for Walmart Credit Card
If your bills – credit card, mortgage, auto loan, student loan, utility, and more – all come due at around the same time each month, that could put a lot of unnecessary pressure on your cash flow and finance. In that case, it may be a good idea to change the due dates of some of your bills to smooth solano movie drive in your cash flow. In this section, we will focus on changing the payment due date of your Walmart credit card.
The issuer of Walmart credit cards, Capital One, offers an easy way for its users to change their payment due dates either online or by phone.
How to Change Payment Date Online
- Go to the Capital One Walmart website here
- Click the Sign In button
- Sign in to your Capital One online account with your username and password
- Select the Change Due Date link
- Enter the date of the month you want to change your payment due day to
- Click Submit
- You are done
Tip: Your Capital One Walmart credit card payments are due on the same date every month. That means you will not be able to select the 29th, 30th, or 31st as your new payment due date since those dates do not exist every month
How to Change Payment Date by Phone
Before you call to change your credit card payment due date, make sure you have decided on a new due date.
- Call 1 (877) 294-7880 or the number printed on the back of your Capital One Walmart credit card
- Tell the customer service rep you want to change your payment due date
Editorial Note: Credit Karma receives compensation from third-party advertisers, but that doesn’t affect our editors’ opinions. Our marketing partners don’t review, approve or endorse our editorial content. It’s accurate to the best of our knowledge when posted.
We think it's important for you to understand how we make money. It's pretty simple, actually. The offers for financial products you see on our platform come from companies who pay us. The money we make helps us give you access to free credit scores and reports and helps us create our other great tools and educational materials.
Compensation may factor into how and where products appear on our platform (and in what order). But since we generally make money when you find an offer you like and get, we try to show you offers we think are a good match for you. That's why we provide features like your Approval Odds and savings estimates.
Of course, the offers on our platform don't represent all financial products out there, but our goal is to show you as many great options as we can.
- Great rewards rate when you shop at Walmart.com, including grocery pickup and delivery
- Solid rewards offers in several flexible bonus categories
- No annual fee and no foreign transaction fee
- In-store rewards offers are not as good
- Introductory offer requires the use of Walmart Pay mobile wallet
- High variable purchase APR means interest could outweigh rewards if you need to carry a balance
- You could end up with a more-limited card you don’t want
What you need to know about the Capital One® Walmart Rewards® Mastercard
Great rewards at Walmart … depending on how you shop
The rewards rates offered by the Capital One® Walmart Rewards® Mastercard are likely to stand out to frequent shoppers at the retail giant. You can earn up to 5% back on purchases at Walmart.com, which includes grocery pickups and deliveries. But if you shop at a physical Walmart store, you’ll earn just 2% back on purchases when you use the card.
As part of an introductory offer, you’ll earn 5% back on in-store Walmart purchases for the first 12 months of card membership — but only if you use the Walmart Pay mobile wallet for your purchases. And after the intro period is up, you’ll earn 2% back for in-store purchases.
These offers mean that different kinds of shoppers will get different value out of their Walmart purchases. If you already do most of your Walmart shopping online or are comfortable using Walmart Pay, then those 5% rewards rates provide a lot of potential value.
On the other hand, the regular 2% rate on in-store purchases doesn’t stand out as a can’t-miss bonus. Anyone who prefers going through checkout lanes with a credit card might have to put in more effort and change habits to maximize their value with this card.
The non-Walmart rewards rates might not appeal to everyone
In addition to the Walmart-specific rewards described above, you’ll earn 2% back on travel, restaurants and at Murphy USA and Walmart fuel stations. You’ll also get 1% back on all other purchases where Mastercard is accepted.
Additionally, your rewards can be redeemed in several ways — as statement credit, a travel purchase, gift cards or toward a recent purchase on your card.
These rewards rates are solid, but other cards might include more valuable or more flexible rewards offers in these categories. So if you don’t already have a card that offers bonus rates in these categories and don’t want to apply for a number of different cards at once, then the value www walmart credit card the Capital One® Walmart Rewards® Mastercard is clear. But if you already like your options in these categories, these rewards rates might not convince you it’s worth an application.Get rewarded for your purchases Compare Cash Back Cards
No annual fee or westlaw sign on transaction fee, but the interest rates could cost you
The Capital One® Walmart Rewards® Mastercard charges neither an annual fee nor a foreign transaction fee. That means you can use this card without having to pay for the privilege of holding it.
But the card’s variable purchase APR could end up costing you if you need to carry a balance. You’ll see a variable APR of either 17.99%, 23.24% or 26.99% based on your credit profile. And depending on the balance you carry from month to month, you could end up paying far more in interest than you earn in rewards.
Even if your application is denied, you could end up with another card
When you apply for the Capital One® Walmart Rewards® Mastercard, you won’t just be approved or denied for one card. Instead, you will also be considered automatically for the Walmart Rewards® Card.
If you’re primarily looking for a card to use at Walmart, then you might not have a problem with the Walmart Rewards® Card. It offers the same rates — 5% back online and 2% back in-store — for Walmart purchases, and it offers the same 5% back rate for using Walmart Pay www walmart credit card the first 12 months of card membership (then 2% after that).
But the rewards offers and payment options outside of Walmart are very different. Cardholders get just a few options — 2% back at Murphy USA gas stations and 1% back at Sam’s Club (in-store only) and Sam’s Club gas stations.
You won’t be able to use the card anywhere else, either, and all cardholders get the same variable purchase APR of 26.99%.
Those card features might be fine for some, but it’s worth considering if you’re OK settling for the Walmart Rewards® Card. Otherwise, you might not want to apply at all.
Who this card is good for
The Capital One® Walmart Rewards® Mastercard offers loyal Walmart shoppers a chance to maximize their rewards, but it might appeal only to those who do the bulk of their shopping online. While the 5% www walmart credit card on Walmart.com purchases holds tremendous value, the 2% back on in-store purchases doesn’t stand out as a can’t-miss offer. And even the introductory offer of 5% back on in-store purchases for the first 12 months (then 2%) requires using the Walmart Pay mobile wallet.
But people who don’t mind using this card as their primary method of payment everywhere might find it quite useful. The 2% back offered on dining, travel, and at Murphy USA and Walmart gas stations is solid, especially if you don’t already have a card with bonus rewards in those categories.
Last, consider if you’re OK settling for the Walmart Rewards® Card, which offers fewer payment options and rewards opportunities. If you end up with a card you don’t even want, then the application might not be worth it.
If you’re not sure that the Capital One® Walmart Rewards® Mastercard is the right choice for you, take a look at these options.Get rewarded for your purchases Compare Cash Back Cards
About the author: TJ Porter is a Boston-based freelance writer who specializes in bank accounts, credit, and credit cards. He’s written for Bankrate, CardCruncher, DollarSprout and My Bank Tracker, among others. In his spare time, TJ e… Read more.